This position is responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers as required and with the Transportation Department, develops inbound and outbound freight schedules.
· Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
· Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
· Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
· Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
· Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
· Routes items to departments.
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
· Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
· May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
· Participates in cycle counts and help maintain inventory accuracy.
Education: High School Diploma and at least 1 year of experience in similar position.
Knowledge/Skills: requires good judgment and decision-making ability. Communication skills, both oral and written are essential. Simple math skills required Experience with shipping and receiving operations is necessary. Experience with personal computers and RF scanning equipment is preferred.
Special requirements: Must have responsible wok habits and pass any pre employment tests. Must pass pre employment drug test and background check.